Updated: Aug 22, 2019
1 About KONNEK
KONNEK SaaS Softwares Inc. (“KONNEK”) is a Canadian corporation.
The term “KONNEK” refers to the following:
The terms “You”, “Your”, “User” or “Users”, refers to either individuals or organizations registering their credentials to use KONNEK for any legal purposes.
The terms “Visitor” or “Visitors” refers to either individuals or organizations that access KONNEK website anonymously without logging in or purchasing a KONNEK subscription.
4 What Data Do We Collect from You?
Depending on how you use our website, we collect different types of data:
As a Visitor: You access our website anonymously without logging in or purchasing a KONNEK subscription. We will not ask you to provide us with any information.
As a Free Guest User: You sign up for a free guest subscription and become a Free Guest User of our website. We will ask you to provide us with certain Personally Identifiable Information or PII. PII is used to create your account. PII enables you to use our website.
As a Paid User: You purchase a subscription and become a Paid Subscriber. We will require your PII and Payment Data. This will enable us to process your purchase.
Yes. KONNEK uses Cookie Data to recognize and remember the following:
- The type of browser you used to login to our website.
- Date and time you logged in to our website.
- Your preferred browser language.
- KONNEK uses Cookie Data to help save your website preferences for future visits.
- KONNEK uses Cookie Data to compile aggregated data about site traffic and site interactions.
- KONNEK uses Cookie Data to offer better website experiences and tools in the future.
6 What Do We Use Your Data For?
User Data that we collect will be used in the following ways:
- To Provide Access to KONNEK Features: To provide you access to the features that come with the plan that you had subscribed and paid for.
- KONNEK Website Enhancement: We continuously strive to improve the KONNEK website features based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- User Communication: KONNEK shares its newsletter and promotional communications through email. These emails contain information and updates pertaining to your subscription. If a User no longer wishes to receive KONNEK’s newsletter and promotional communications, User may Opt-Out of receiving them by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link which appears at the bottom of every email we send you. However, it should be noted that Users may be unable to Opt-Out of certain important KONNEK related communications.
7 Do We Disclose Any of Your information to Outside Parties?
3rd Party Service Providers:
Yes. KONNEK shares User Data with certain trusted 3rd party providers who provide a range of services including: Website Performance Improvement Services, User Support Services, Billing Services, Cloud Hosting Solutions, and Analytics Services. As part of the provision of their services to KONNEK, KONNEK may transfer some of User’s necessary information to them, for them to perform such service. KONNEK may also enter into contracts with such 3rd party providers in order to ensure that the information that is provided regarding Users is kept confidential and secure.
Other Specific Providers:
In certain circumstances, we may also disclose your information to other outside parties. This could happen if:
- We believe that, under the specific circumstances, releasing such information will be appropriate in order to comply with laws and regulations applicable to us;
- We want to protect our legitimate interest and in order to do so we would need to disclose your information, and only after we made sure that we cannot protect our interest without disclosing your information;
- We need to protect your interests or another individual’s vital interests.
- No information will ever be provided to outside parties for marketing, advertising or other such uses without your consent, or where we are obliged to disclose such information by law.
Does KONNEK offer 3rd Party Links?
Yes. KONNEK does offer 3rd party links on its blog. KONNEK blog writers take extraordinary caution in recommending only those websites that are safe to visit. These websites are chosen in such a manner that they add value to what is already being shared on the blog post. However, please keep in mind, clicking on links that take you out of KONNEK website, and into other websites comes with its own risks. Please be cautious in sharing your information on these websites that you are visiting.
8 Your Rights
Right to Lodge a Complaint
If you believe that your right to data protection and privacy has been infringed by us in any way, you may contact the relevant supervisory authority in the place where you reside. You may also reach out to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and seeking more information on the same.
Right to Access / Right to Rectification
KONNEK makes good faith effort to provide Users with access to User Data for viewing, editing and removal upon request.
KONNEK provides Users the means to edit User Data if it is inaccurate.
KONNEK deletes User Data on User’s request, if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Users may access, review, correct, update or change their User Data at any time.
Users may access their data using features available within KONNEK by signing into their account to make the desired changes.
Users may access their data, by emailing KONNEK Support team at email@example.com with your KONNEK Account Login User ID, your name and the specific data to be accessed, corrected or removed.
KONNEK may decline to process User Data access requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort. For instance, requests concerning User Data residing on backup tapes, jeopardise the privacy of other Users, would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required.
In any case where KONNEK provides access and facilitates correction, the service is provided free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Please note that if a User deletes their User Account or KONNEK terminates a User’s access to KONNEK in accordance with KONNEK Terms of Service Agreement, the User may no longer have the ability to access or update their User Data.
Right to Be Forgotten/Erasure
User may trigger an KONNEK Account Deletion request by emailing KONNEK Support team using the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Subject line “Account Deletion”. KONNEK will respond to all Account Deletion requests within 30 days. Despite deletion request from a User, KONNEK may retain User’s PII for the following reasons:
- To comply with a legal obligation.
- For public health purposes in the public interest.
- For archiving purposes in the public interest.
- For scientific research.
- For historical research.
- For statistical purposes.
- For the defense of legal claims.
Right to Data Portability
You have the right to ask us to provide a copy of your information to another entity or a service provider, in the event that you wish to move your account to them. If you wish to have such a copy, please contact us at email@example.com and we shall provide it to you in an electronic and machine readable form so that you may transmit such information to another entity. If it is technically feasible and should you wish, we will transfer such information directly to such another entity at your request. Please be advised we will not be able to provide you with such a copy or transfer such information to such an entity if it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of other Users.
9 Data Sharing:
KONNEK does not sell, trade, share or transfer User Data to 3rd parties except in the following limited circumstances:
- KONNEK may share User Data with our subsidiaries and affiliates and 3rd party service providers.
- KONNEK may share User Data for marketing or advertising of KONNEK.
- KONNEK may share User Data with its service providers for direct emailing of its newsletters or notifications of KONNEK.
- KONNEK may share User Data with a 3rd party, after obtaining prior consent from respective User(s).
- KONNEK may share User Data with its partners who offer Services to Users jointly with KONNEK.
- KONNEK may share User Data to process payments.
- KONNEK may share and/or transfer User Data, if KONNEK becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or any form of sale of some or all of its assets.
- KONNEK may share User Data with service providers and government entities to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security or technical issues.
KONNEK may share User Data when it has a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such User Data is reasonably necessary to accomplish the following:
(a) Satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
(b) Enforce KONNEK Terms of Service Agreement, including investigation of potential violations thereof;
- c) Protect against imminent harm to KONNEK rights, property or safety, or that of Users or the public as required or permitted by law;
KONNEK may share aggregated or anonymized User Data with 3rd parties for other purposes. Anonymized User Data does not identify Users individually, but may include usage, viewing and technical data such as the types of services, KONNEK Users generally use, the configuration of their computers, and performance metrics related to the use of KONNEK which KONNEK has collected.
10 Data Security:
The security of User Data is important to KONNEK.
KONNEK has in place, physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect User Data.
No method of transmission over the Internet, method of electronic storage or other security methods are one hundred percent secure. Therefore, while KONNEK strives to protect User Data, KONNEK cannot guarantee its absolute security.
KONNEK shares limited access to User Data with its employees, in order to provide relevant Services to Users. However, such privileged access comes with strict controls and logs monitoring the employee’s use.
11 Data Retention
KONNEK may retain User Data:
- As necessary to support KONNEK.
- To comply with KONNEK’s own legal obligations.
- To resolve disputes.
Any content posted by Users, may remain on KONNEK, even after the User ceases using KONNEK or even after KONNEK terminates their access to KONNEK’s Services.
If and when the changes are made, the “Last Edited” date on this page will reflect the same.
If and when the changes are made, Users will be notified, on this page, by email, or through notice on other relevant webpages within KONNEK
Last modification was made August 22, 2019.